09 September 2009

roving*

i purchased some wool to use with my embellisher, and began experimenting by creating some jewelry. the two pieces below were given as gifts to my little sister and niece this summer when i visited them in north carolina. i am very excited to make more - they will be available at the elmira open studio tour and i'm thinking they will be affordable - this is important. i enjoy making the artwork and i really enjoy when someone leaves with something - i am even open to trading. i have trade for some pretty spectacular work.
xo


riley's necklace

leslie's necklace

here is leslie opening her necklace

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I get 10 compliments on my necklace every time I wear it. I was actually thinking about getting a hand felting tool and seeing what I could do with it, but *alas* I'm hopelessly engrossed in hand embroidery right now. I just can't control my urges to >>>run swiftly>>> and buy more floss and fabric. I'm so compulsive. Mom is enabling me too. Every time I see her (quite often) she's giving me more scraps and stuff. Stephen's space in our computer room is being encroached on.... Love you guys.